Friday, August 2, 2013

DR. Seuss baby shower


We got invited to a Dr. Seuss themed baby shower a few weeks ago. Z loves Dr. Seuss books. I read them to her all the time. I had some leftover felt, and decided to make Z a thing 1 shirt! Remind you i decided to make this 4 hours before the party. I used an old red shirt that she wore for Valentines day and it still fits (minus the arm length) I picked this one because it had a red tutu attached to it. 

I was at my moms house so she helped. We first got a kitchen plate to trace a circle on white  felt. 
 Next we cut it. While she was cutting it I printed out a thing 1 picture searching the web. We used this to trace the letters onto black felt. 

We traced the letters onto white paper then glued the paper to black felt for easy cutting. My mom drew a black circle around the felt using craft paint so it can match the exact image. 

Remind you this is the day of the baby Shower with only 2 hours until the shower. I did not have Heat N Bond ( my life saver) since my mom does not believe in it. So I glue gunned each letter and number to the felt and left the sewing to the pro! My mom finished sewing the circle with a needle and red thread. And there we had it a adorable Thing 1 shirt.  



 I printed out a Thing 2 image as well so I decided to make a quick diaper cake out of Diapers that were too small for my Z and a pot. 



I then added red ribbon and taped the "Thing 2" sign on top. 



And now.... We were ready for the party!  


The baby shower was so much fun! Here are some photos I took. 








They even had real live fish as centerpieces! 






 

Z had so much Fun!!!!!! It also happened to be her first ever Baby Shower. 








No comments:

Post a Comment